The main source of my chaos...

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mean Girls

Because I have four daughters and Lord knows there is always drama, I decided to address the issue of mean girls. Keep in mind that I AM the mother of four girls, and I would be the last person to ever say “my kid would never…”. That would just be stupid. Every female on the face of the planet is wired with a mean girl (MG) gene. Oh, stop shaking your head. You know good and well that you have had evil thoughts about some other female in your life. If you are still shaking your head, then Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!! Whether or not you ACTED on those evil thoughts depends on whether you have a dominant MG gene or a passive MG gene. Even amongst my own family, we have varying degrees of this gene – some more dominant than others… but WE ALL HAVE THEM. You can call it cattiness, being the b-word, whatever… but it all goes back to that dreaded MG gene. This is not something I’m proud of, but it just is what it is. MG genes peak around the age of 14-17 and those in the path can suffer greatly. (This is not exactly scientific information that I can document, but trust me, I’m right). Fortunately, a vast majority of teen MGs do grow into perfectly nice, high functioning adults. I will admit, though, that I have seen some recent MG displays that make me wonder what will happen when these girls meet real life. It won’t be pretty, I can assure you of that.

Anyway, I wrote the following as a dedication to my daughters. It is kind of a guide on how to deal with Mean Girls. I wrote this as a generic statement based on “hypothetical” situations. If it reminds you of someone you know… well, oops.

To my girls – Haley Rae, Karlie, Yuri, and Gigi:


Jealousy is derived from insecurity. That girl who can’t seem to function in her own life because she’s so obsessed with yours is just insecure. She may be pretty, she may have a boyfriend, she may seem to have a great life… but something is missing that makes her feel the need to stir the pot all the time. Just remember that when it’s all said and done, it truly has nothing to do with you. Her issues are her own. You just happen to be this month’s target. She doesn’t realize that people all around see right through her. Eventually the ugly thoughts seep through to the outside and she’ll LOOK like her thoughts. And that will be hideous. You can handle this in one of two ways – you can ignore her, turn the other cheek, and be at peace that you’re the better person. Or you can kick her a$$. I’m good with either one.


I love you – Mom <3

No comments:

Post a Comment